Monday, May 12, 2014

Not Biting my Tongue

Whenever you are open about your struggles with treatment you get a lot of varying responses when you share.  Here are a couple of the ones I've experienced:

Response: That's exciting!
Answer:  Sure.
What I wish I would have said: No, it'd be exciting to be pregnant.

Response: Just relax!
Answer: (nervous laughter) Please don't say that anyone else in this situation.
What I wish I would have said: I AM RELAXED GODDAMMIT, but somehow the two days I will spend seething about this comment will make me non-relaxed. 

Response: It will happen.
Answer: That's not what the Doctor said.
No, literally, I said that.

It's so hard to bite my tongue.  It's actually been very hard to switch clinics because I'm being told the same things over and over again.  I have been able to stifle most of my drug-induced bitchiness, but it's hard being cranky and sad at the same time.  Right now I'm grateful that another day of waiting down.  I am tired, feel incredibly fat and crave sweets, I guess we all know what that means!

No comments:

Post a Comment