Monday, September 8, 2014

BC: Rituals & Superstitions

Do you have any rituals or superstitions that you feel bring you good luck for appointments?

Actually no, I am not a big superstition or ritual person.  I do certain things during a cycle to help it be more successful like acupuncture, drinking bone marrow broth (gross), relaxing, counseling/hypnotherapy, and planning my meals more diligently.  However I do not have specific items that I find "lucky".   I have followed those on twitter  who do have items, but I always felt relieved since I don't have to get rid of the items after a failure, or conversely feel the need to hang onto it to remind me. 

I will occasionally see things as "unlucky", for example I have a necklace that I wore once and a family member became suddenly sick, so I haven't ever worn that necklace again. 

And I will usually pick a theme song for a cycle.  My most successful IVF cycle the song was Counting Stars by OneRepublic, specifically because of the lyrics

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

I think all of us IVFers can understand the sentiment of not counting dollars but instead counting stars with our child(ren).

No comments:

Post a Comment