Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Start of Life

So yesterday I was sure a 'Debbie Downer', it all turned out well for the cat though.  It was an infected anal gland - actually it had abscessed, poor kitty.  After a chunk of change at the 24 hour vet he is on the mend! 

Today I got the fertilization report.  Out of 14 eggs, 8 defrosted (bummer, what about the other 6! That's my question for Saturday) and all 8 fertilized.  Woohoo!

I am excited and ... conflicted.  Of course I am thrilled that all the eggs fertilized, but it feels a little like a slap in the face.  My DH is 10 years older and his sperm is all fertilizing eggs...but not my eggs.  It really drives home that it is me that has a problem.  And of course I didn't want him to have a problem, but the fertilization rate could have been one egg less than 100%.  Damn overachieving sperm, it better keep being this awesome. 

I don't know if it's the PIO shots, but I am exhausted.  I need a really long night's sleep, I hoping for it tonight or tomorrow!  Off to bed for me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment