Friday, November 7, 2014

A BFP

Any of you who follow me on twitter know that I had a BFP on Wednesday of 241.  They retested today (and tested my thyroid) and wanted to see at least a 384, but my overachievers gave them 486.  I am still in a slight state of shock, they sent me all the details about when my last estradiol pill and PIO shot would be, my potential due date, etc.  We are working on getting me scheduled for a 7 week scan - which will (hopefully) be on my 35th birthday.  I'm not sure how I feel about having it on my birthday, it's a scary prospect if it doesn't work out.  But I do have faith.  I've never gotten this far before, but now that I have I don't see it ending badly. 

Speaking of: 35.  Blech.  I can't believe I'm going to be that old! I know, it's not really that old, it's just a little bit of a milestone and ... I'm not sure how I feel about it.  At least it won't be 'high risk' since my donor was 21.

My work is going well, it's a little hard to focus since I am either tired, dizzy or slightly nauseated, going pee or getting water.  I'm sure they appreciate my walking around.  At least I don't have friends (at work) who I spend time chit-chatting with.  I do occasionally check twitter, but limit it to my email notifications and lunchtime.  Now I need to plan for RE and OB visits, it's pretty exciting but a little nerve-wracking.

Of course I am in the middle of another two week wait: the wait to hear the heartbeats.  I am nervous see them/it/him/her, but I do want these two weeks to fly by.  I'm trying to not stress about symptoms or no symptoms.

[Insert transition I'm too lazy to think of] I'm also feeling abandoned by my acupuncturist.  She cancelled on me on my appointment before transfer day and I still haven't seen her.  Today I called, fairly desperate to get in, but it was a no go.  I am a little miffed she didn't fit me in anywhere when she's the one who cancelled before!  I have an appointment on Wednesday, so I hope it goes well. 

I'm sorry if this post is disjointed or poorly written, I'm pretty tired and am writing this laying down.  I hope you have a great weekend, BFPs for all! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, mega congrats on clearing the first two hurdles!!! I had my first prenatal appointment after "graduating" from my RE on my 36th birthday, and it was fine. I worried about getting bad news on my birthday, of course... No matter what, it's a rollercoaster ride and you just have to hang on a little longer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I figure waiting will just make me more nervous, especially since with Thanksgiving it would be an extra week or so!

    ReplyDelete