Friday, November 28, 2014

Being Thankful

Let's be honest, I am pretty lousy at being thankful.  Every time I can also think of a reason not to be thankful.  Most often I'm thankful for the small things in life: puddles and trees and mountains, rain and sun, the ruggedness of the wilderness.  However this year I've really tried to be a little more grateful for the things I do have.

I'm thankful we have so much technology and that so many of us that would have had no hope before are able to have a shot.  I'm sad that infertility isn't seen as a "real" disease and that treatment is really only available to those of us that have funding or excellent credit.

I am amazingly thankful, with no reservations or second guesses, for my IRL friends and family who have been with me through my whole journey and taken care of me. 

I am grateful and thrilled to be part of the Twitter IF community.  There seems much less judgment between us and whatever your journey (treatment, adoption, donated eggs/sperm/embryos, or living childless) that we can all be there for each other in excitement, nerves, and sadness.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment