Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I've been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Unpregnant Chicken, which is awesome.  I am very honored.  I am supposed to do the following when I accept:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. (check!)
  • Put the award logo on your blog. (yeah, don't know how to)
  • Answer the ten questions the nominator has set you. (see below!)
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate ten people. 
Well I've seen this going around and I'm too lazy to figure out who hasn't been nominated yet, so in an effort not to re-nominate other bloggers I'm not doing the last one either.  Sorry!?  Of course many blogs I love are linked in my profile as 'blogs I follow'.

1. What is your favorite book or movie and why?
My favorite movie is Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others), I love it.  I don't know why this movie resonates so strongly with me.  It's about a playwright in 1984 East Germany and his Stasi monitor.  Don't read the plot, watch the movie, it's that good.  Still grateful they never remade it into English (seriously America, what is your problem with wanting to remake foreign movies!)  Honorable mention to The Black Book, oddly with the same actor from the movie above. 

I am a huge reader, but it's hard for me to have a favorite book ever.  There are books that I think are amazing, but have only read once like Eva Moves The Furniture, and books that I love and read yearly like Summers at Castle Auburn or Howl's Moving Castle

2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
It varies, I wanted to be a mom or a teacher or a pianist (I was never that good at piano, I quit after 8 years when I was 12).

3. Where would you travel if money was no object?
Back to the UK and Europe, I loved my study abroad time there and I would love to visit and see the countries again.  Also it would be fun to go with family, secretly I would love to try a Viking River Cruise...it looks so fun!

4. What do you miss most about childhood?
Being carefree, having energy, chilling with my brother (he lives two states away now).  I have odd memories though, I vividly remember looking in a mirror and worrying about how I'd look as an adult and if I'd recognize myself.  I shouldn't have worried, I look remarkably similar.

5. If you could have any fictional character for a pet who would it be?
I think I might already have one: Toothless from How to Train your Dragon, except in the form of my cat, so much less destructive and, sadly, less flyable.

6. Do you have any gross habits that you try to hide?
Not too much, I stopped chewing my nails in college and I pick my nose in the privacy of my bathroom like a normal person. 

7. Coffee, hot chocolate or tea?
Not coffee, I gave it up when I had uncontrolled panic disorder and now I usually drink tea.  I occasionally have a hot chocolate though I've cut back recently.

8. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Seeing my blog hits....it's like crack!  I also love feedback, whether through Twitter or through blog comments.

9. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Does getting pregnant with triplets count?  Because I'm pretty sure that is it.  Oh and I put my car up on two wheels when I was a teenager, due to my ... temper.  Nothing bad happened and I wouldn't recommend it.

10. Do you have any hobbies?
I will occasionally cross stitch, I tried quilting but never followed through, and my mom tried to get me to knit and crochet.  I have scrapbooked, but just once created a photo book for my parents-in-law 50th wedding anniversary. 

I hope you feel that you know me a little better now, and don't be all judgy about the nose picking thing, we all do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment