Tuesday, March 3, 2015

20w6d

I'm not really sure how to put my thoughts on 'paper' tonight. 

My last appointment with the MFM went great, there are no issues with the babies.  The CPC is gone for baby A and, obviously, he as no other signs of trisomy 18.  They have all their fingers and toes and their mouths and noses look ok.  I keep passing out at these, but I'm hopeful with so many of the scary ones behind us that this will stop. 

Of course, my anxiety has picked up since week 20.  I'm analyzing every wipe and twinge, looking for any sign of something slightly different. I'm beginning to feel like this is really going to happen and to be honest that's more than slightly terrifying.  I'm not sure how you take care of 3 babies, but it sounds like a lot of work.  I'm sure I'll love them all and won't be able to imagine my life without them.  Again, I assume.

I have managed to gain almost 40 pounds!  I am very excited since this was  my goal for 24 weeks, I've actually eased off the calories a bit, obviously I've been overdoing it since I'm so close.  Also I've been eating a lot of sugar, which can't be good for me or the babies.  (Although the soda pop Jelly Bellys are calling to me from the store.)  I have paid for the weight gain with some nice stretch marks on the inside of my thighs!

I'm hoping to get started on just a few things this week and make lots of lists.  I love lists, they make  me feel in control!  Plus then I can mark things off of them, slowly...  Tomorrow I am going to do laundry, but don't expect me to put it away.

***TRIGGER WARNING: BUMP PICTURE***


20w6d, they are a-kickin!



No comments:

Post a Comment